Followers

Wednesday 1 February 2017

A 30 Minute Card (Well Almost)

Good Morning, happy Wednesday, and welcome to my second blog post of the day. Thank goodness for the power of Blogger, or I would have to get up really early! It's February at last, I always think that January is the longest month (I know that technically it is, but you know what I mean.
It's my turn to choose the challenge this month at Country View Crafts, and as usual I've chosen something that's very hard for me - I don't know why I keep on doing this lol.
So this month I want you to create something in 30 minutes or less. 



I must admit I've used every cheat in the book for this one. I've used pre-embossed card, stamp and die sets, and a very limited paint palate.

It's the first time I've used this Tim Holtz stamp and die set, so I just stamped everything onto Ranger Watercolour paper and cut it all out. I then worked out what size card I wanted. The images were coloured very simply with Distress Markers
The background card is from a Jenni Bowlin pad and it's already embossed so all I had to do was to cut it and sand.
The words are from the Crazy Thoughts set and they've just been stamped and embossed in black and cut out.


The happy birthday is from Simple Sayings and I really like these stamps. They just do what they say on the tin. I've stuck everything down with silicone glue 'cos it was quick. A quick whizz round on the sewing machine and it was all done.
I hit the stop watch at 35 minutes, which is 5 minutes over BUT (yes there's always a but) I'd taken at least 5 minutes worth of photos so I reckon that I'm OK. Anyway it's my challenge so for this month I'm Queenie!
I hope you join in with my quickie challenge, and remember, I'm a little bit like Santa, I'll know if you've been naughty (I also have white hair between the touch ups, and a big tummy) - thankfully the beard's not turned up yet!
Have a great week, and thanks very much for looking x




14 comments:

  1. Stamps and dies definitely help with time saving! Love your circus card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. Have a great month. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Sue and brilliant challenge - it really got me going lol. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks terrific to me and what an great challenge theme

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and challenge Sue....I really found it hard and had to cheat everywhere! However I managed 25 mins so I beat the Queenie ;0) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now it's not just me who struggled with this 30 minutes challenge! Hahaha! It's nice Sue, that you confessed :-D Anyway, it was really a challenge! And your card is a great fun card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous ! I could only do it after I determined what to make and get everything ready ! Great challenge though !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't argue with the queen! Great make! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the challenge Sue, and I love what you made xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card, I just pulled out this stamp and die set myself the other day and berated myself for not using it yet, love what you did with it! 30 minutes eh?! Eeeks, now that is a challenge! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a real zoo out there - enough to make you want to join a circus!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant Sue - loving the contrast! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the idea of a 3-minute card! For some reason, mine usually take well over an hour! This one is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.